STEP Software Products
The following webpages provide information for various STEP-based products. They include both translators for CAD and PDM systems, as well as STEP toolkits for use by software developers.
- Free Open Source Software: pythonOCC is a 3D CAD/CAE/PLM development framework for the Python programming language. It provides features such is advanced topological and geometrical operations, data exchange (STEP, IGES, STL import/export), GUI based visualization (wx, Qt), jupyter notebook rendering.
- STEP Numerical Code software
- Tools/Libraries for STEP Developers
- STEP Class Library (SCL): A set of C++ class libraries capable of representing information conforming to the EXPRESS (ISO 10303-11) data specification
- The EXPRESS engine tool
- STEP X3D Translation: The WED3d organization provides training on STEP X3D translation. The site includes a free web application called SPRI that allows browsing the content of STEP files. A STEP file can contain multiple geometric models and the web application allows for viewing what models are available in a file and selecting which are translated to X3C content.
- Available Vendors: Several implementor forums have been set up to improve STEP translator quality and decrease translator time to market. Numerous vendors have participated in the implementor forums.
- The main MBx forum, formerly known as the CAx-IF, oversees CAD, CAE and EWH testing
- The Product Data Management Forum
- The STEP NC forum
- CAx-IF Step Viewers
- CAx-IF Recommended Practices
- CAE Test Rounds
- CAx-IF Express Schemas
- Open Cascade provides a user guide for STEP
The model based X implementor links are provided below:
Resources from the implementor forums include a list of STEP geometry viewers, recommended practices, schemas, and information about testing rounds:
Dr. Michael R. Jahadi,
President & Chairman,